At HWEnergy we are firmly rooted in our local community and believe in giving something back where we can. As such, we set aside the non-domestic RHI (Renewable Heat Incentive) payments we receive from our own biomass boiler and put them into our Community Fund.
Through the HWEnergy Community Fund, we can provide community grants to our employees, clients and contacts to support charities, schools, clubs, sports and other activities in their local area.
Recently awarded community grants
We generally award grants of between £100 and £200. Here are just some of the people and organisations we have helped support:
- Lochaber Sports Association to help young people support their sports activities.
- Rosalieke Baak who went to Cambodia to work in orphanages and schools.
- Action Duchenne – HWEnergy donated money towards research into a cure for Duchennes Muscular Dystrophy.
- Music Therapy Lochaber Music School – HWEnergy donated money towards subsidising weekly music therapy sessions for children with multiple learning difficulties and communication conditions such as autism.
- Fort William Junior Shinty Club to help support the running of the Under 14 and Under 17 age group teams. Expenses incurred include equipment, travelling, training facilities and hosting visiting teams.
- Arisaig Senior Citizens Lunch Club to help support subsidised lunches to the elderly members of the community.
How to apply for a community grant
If you are an HWEnergy client, or someone who works with us closely and you have a worthwhile cause you think we should support, please email us for an application form or get in touch with Elaine Cameron on 01397 706412.