More and more hotels are changing from oil-fired to wood fuel boilers to reduce costs and attract the ‘green pound’
Why biomass heating for hotels and the leisure industry makes sense
From 5* boutique hotels to leisure resorts, many of our clients are choosing wood energy not just to save money, but also to enhance their eco-credentials and appeal to the ‘green pound.’ For some, being able to produce their own fuel adds another distinct advantage. Our clients include Auchrannie Resort in Arran, Holbeck Ghyll Country House Hotel in Cumbria, and Argyll Holidays so our standards have to be high.
Installing a biomass boiler allows you to:
- cut costs – wood pellet and wood chip are cheaper than fossil fuel equivalents
- cut costs – typically 40% against fossil fuels
- reduce reliance on fluctuations in fossil fuel prices and therefore help financial planning
- deliver a significant payback on investment through RHI (Renewable Heat Incentive)
- promote your eco-credentials and attract green tourists
- provide warmer facilities at a lower cost
- contribute to the local economy through working with local fuel suppliers
- benefit from the credentials of the ‘green pound’ and eco-credentials
- maximise the opportunity to supply your own fuel
- secure budgetary stability – reduce your dependence on fluctuating oil prices
Generate electricity and heat with a wood fuelled Combined Heat and Power (CHP) system
Historically the option to generate combined heat and electrical output from one source has been reserved for large scale manufacturing and processing plants but new advances in technology mean that biomass CHP systems are now available for smaller businesses. They are particularly suited to hotels and leisure organisations with a high and fairly constant heat demand. Read more about CHP.
You can read more about some of our biomass projects here.
Make Biomass work for you
Get in touch below and speak to one of our team to discuss your plans.